I went to the doctor today because of white spots on my tonsils. No need to fear. I don't have strep. But I was pretty embarrassed.

Apparently, my tonsils which are always swollen and look really scary can easily gather food and bacteria in the little pits on them. So essentially, I have food in my tonsils. I had googled "white spot tonsils" before I went to the doctor, so when he told me this, I was familiar with the scenario; I just thought it was crazy when I read it. Do I have to brush my tonsils now? There's no way I can floss back there.

http://www.itonsil.com
Chronic cryptic tonsillitis - Cryptic in the case of the tonsils refers simply to the tonsillar crypts which are little pit-like depressions in the tonsils. The word "cryptic" comes from the Greek "kryptos" meaning hidden or concealed. Thus, cryptic tonsillitis may be concealed because it is down in the pits (of the tonsil) and may not be causing apparent symptoms.


This entry was posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Laurie said...

    There's a website called itonsil.com??? wow.

  1. ... on 12:55 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Maybe it's kind of like the website name is similar to ipod. Kind of like an Apple-esqe language. ipod, idog, ipurse, igum. It's catchy. But chronic cryptic tonsilitis isn't. So I'm still kissable. :)

  3. ... on 1:04 PM  
  4. erin vanv said...

    I'm just suprised you're willing to share this with the world. But I guess there has only been one time when I've actually seen you embarassed (and I only remember that because I still feel a tad guilty...)

  5. ... on 5:21 PM