I'm making three posts today. This is the first one.

49 people were killed yesterday in a plane crash in Lexington. My boss asked me about it today, and I had no idea what she was talking about. Because I live far away in the country of Texas, and my precious Granny was the only one in the family to watch the news. It's really sad. And it makes me sad. God, the great comforter, be with their families.

On MSNBC, there's a video clip of a couple that was on their way to a honeymoon. It's always so bizarre the way media pounces on things. In a way, it helped me to have more understanding of the situation, and in another way, it's just weird. Less than 24 hours after a tragedy, and you're interviewing friends probing them for answers to share their grief.

News=Weird. "Tell me about how much you miss your friend."--"Now let's get back to our segment on TomKat's baby's stolen umbilical cord being auctioned on Ebay. How much would you pay?" (not a real segment--invented for example's sake only)


This entry was posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: