My mom called today and said, "Don't get hysterical, but Troy [my brother] cut off his thumb with a saw."

It's the tip of his thumb right below the nail. They were going to take him to Louisville to a hand surgeon, but after the doctors conversed, they decided there weren't enough blood vessels to reattach. My mom said he wants us to call him Stumpy now. We're going to have to alter all his mittens. I miss my brother's thumb. He's always had super long and skinny fingers. Now he's got a conversation piece.

My brother is a bi-vocational minister and was really happy he got a job with a local factory. In that area, you can either work for the school system, the hospital, or a factory. He feels very blessed to be working there, but my mom said we should pray for him a new job. I'm from a very accident prone family.

Troy said he realized that in one second, everything changed. Too many things done carelessly, and then there was an accident. He's glad it was not worse. Please pray that the pain isn't too much.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: