Last night on AdultSwim (only the result of late night channel surfing), I found Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I used to watch that every Saturday. His refrigerator is the best part. The food had a 70s theme going on inside. I still don't like Terry the pterodactyl. It is so annoying. But it brought back Saturday morning memories.

Here's a list of my favorite Big Kid Cartoons:

1. The Triplets of Belleville - This soundtrack is swinging and hoppin'. I got some songs off iTunes from it. I don't think there's but four lines in the entire movie, but it's a great story.
2. The Corpse Bride - I thought it was going to be really bizarre, and it was a little bit, but I liked the well-developed characters. I just don't know at what age children should watch it. It could freak them out.
3. SpongeBob - I liked him before anybody else did. I started watching it with my niece, Marissa, when I used to stay with her. She was going through a Rugrats stage, and after it was over, she would call for me to watch SpongeBob. My nieces and nephews also like to quote parts to me of the episode where Sandy the Squirrel misses Texas.
4. Sleeping Beauty - What could be better than Prince Charming coming to your rescue while you're sleeping? You go to sleep single, wake up, and ta-da! There's your true love! And he's not even grossed out by your bedhead, bad-breath, or pillow drool.


This entry was posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    palomita said...

    I loved the Triplets of Belleville! Amazing, given the lack of dialogue, but so entertaining.

  1. ... on 5:57 AM