I've become addicted to www.snopes.com.

Here's the scenario: 1) A co-worker sends me a forward. 2) I skim it for discrepancies. 3) I type in the e-mail title into the Snopes search. And then 4) WHAMO! It's a fraud.

Who are the people that invent these e-mail forwards? It seems so bizarre. Is it a way to attain fame? I confess I tried to start author one myself once about saving Twinkies. I found out a Twinkies factory was closing, and it really disturbed me. I wanted to get the word out.


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Aimee said...

    You're too funny! I love Snopes, it helps to stamp out the phoney emails :)

  1. ... on 1:46 PM