Yes, I am the girl who wanted to print t-shirts that said, "I Got Hit By the MetroRail." And now we're friends.

I lost my bus pass, so I had to go to the downtown transit center to get it replaced. All I could picture was me being mugged as soon as I stepped off the train. Luckily, the train went on past the Greyhound station which looks like a prime mugging spot, and scooted me on to the fancy-schmancy transit center. Inside, it has a nice, tall escalator that leads you to heaven. From there, I filled out my paperwork and got some free passes until my new pass is processed.

Before I got back on the train, I noticed a couple that was probably in their 70s. They were trying to figure out which train went north so they asked my help since I am MetroWoman. The woman, who was more talkative, said that she had left Houston in 1958 when it was just a small town. So now, she and her husband were exploring. She added, "Doesn't that sound like fun?!"

I watched them as they found their seat on the train. They were spending the day just riding the train around. She gave constant commentary. Her husband tried to follow along, gripping his collapsible cane and squinting through his Sally Jesse Raphael-bifocals as the scenery rushed by. As I walked back to work, I hoped that one day when I'm in my 70s, I'll be able to explore Houston with my bifocaled honey-bunny on whatever Metro people mover exist at that time.


This entry was posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Ulovebeth said...

    Go figure later on that day I met a weirdo that followed me off the bus. I had to have a woman walk me to my car because I was scared he was following me.

  1. ... on 3:57 PM