I ate spicy salmon sushi for lunch. It was so spicy, that I needed some extra fluids fast to wash down the spicy causing my lips to be on fire. I popped into Starbucks for a hot green tea, but somehow all that spicy made these words come out of my mouth, “Tall caramel frappaccino no whip, please.”

Yesterday, at Central Market (best grocery store of all time), I noticed a new line from the Republic of Tea. Each can of tea bags was a catchy color and labeled with a catchy phrase like “Get gorgeous” (clear skin), “Get lost” (weight loss), or “Get a grip” (PMS). (I wish I was making this up.) On t.v. earlier that day, I watched a segment on the “news” which stated we need to drink 8-10 cups of black, white, or green tea a day to get the full weightloss and antioxidant benefits.

So tea is the answer to all my problems? Should we confess to the British we were so wrong for throwing all that tea into the Boston Harbor?

I confess that a little bit of this tea-ology has seeped into my brain. I had to hold myself back from buying the Republic of Tea “Cosmopolitian” editions, and instead bought the hearty Mighty Leaf tea. It’s really good stuff. And really overpriced.


This entry was posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Erin said...

    After we discussed tea via email earlier today, I went for a decaf tea this afternoon. Of course, it was Lipton, but hey, a girl's gotta start somewhere...

  1. ... on 3:15 PM  
  2. Nancy Mon said...

    I love Mighty Leaf Tea and I first found it at The Nord. I would still love it if I hadn't discovered it at the Nord.

  3. ... on 7:55 PM  
  4. Ulovebeth said...

    It took me a bit to figure out what "The Nord" was. I thought it was the National Org of Rare Disorders per google--not always right.

    I like the Nord, too. But it's a dangerous place. Knowing that the Nord approves of Mighty Leaf gives it a little more prestige in my book. :)

  5. ... on 8:50 AM