Last night I had a dream about Granny. It’s been two and a half years since Granny died. It’s not unusual for me to dream about deceased family members, because I dream about my dad all the time. But I don’t think I’ve ever had a dream about Granny—or not one that I remember.

In my dream, I was holding Granny’s arm as she walked down a hallway, and I noticed that she was really wobbly, but it wasn’t because she was too weak, it was because she had on some high-wedged gold shoes. I helped Granny to a white wicker chair in an open area of the building and I bent down to get those shoes off of her. When I took a shoe off, it revealed a beautiful foot. It looked young and smooth and the toenails (although unpainted) were very pretty. And I thought to myself, “Granny has such beautiful feet. I hope I inherited her feet.”

When I woke up today, God spoke some things to me about that dream. One was that, “How beautiful are the feet of those that spread the word of God.” And the other was the peace of knowing that Granny’s feet are restored! Before she died, Granny’s feet looked horrible because she had very poor circulation. A toenail or two were colors they should not have been. And she had some sores that would not heal. But Granny’s feet aren’t like that any more.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: