I got my one year bible back after leaving it at my mom's house for six months, so I'm back to reading a little OT, a little new, a little Proverb, and some of Pslams. I really like the one year bible. Reading the Old Testament has been the coolest.
 
One of my new favorite Old Testament characters is Elijah. The other day, I read how he needed to get somewhere fast, so God tightened his clothes around him, and he ran! It sounded like something out of Superman. I was thinking that was when pants may have been invented.
 
My spiritual meter kind of trips me up sometimes. There will be times when I read the bible, and I can't really retain anything, and I could have been reading Dear Abby for the day. Other times, I read it, and the words of the ancient manuscript speak to my heart and soul and overwhelm me with the way I am comforted and given wisdom about my own life. I love those days. That's when I understand how the Word of God isn't just words; it's alive.
 
I had a day like that yesterday. I wanted to keep reading. I love that feeling.


The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i'm Talkathon. Check it out!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: