My choice of foods now consists of lean meats (turkey, chicken, and fish), non-white flour items, no unnecessary sugars (including desserts), and lots of fruits and veggies. And let me tell you, people, it's hard! So far, I'm three days into the plan. I expected to instantly wake up a size 2 after day 1, and it didn't happen. I think the vegetables have bloated me or something. Or maybe my body is trying to prove that healthy foods don't belong in it. I'm trying to remember, that eating right just isn't about the appearance of being thin.
 
I have a really tough time with vegetables. I really don't like them. For dinner last night, I ordered a salad, and it was healthy, but I really needed some bread and brie. It's so disappointing spending hard earned money on vegetables. It's so much more fun to spend it on gelato or a Starbucks drink.
 
My goal is to lose the few pounds I've put on since the weddings (not my own, but everyone else's) so my summer clothing collection fits well, and also to try to re-train my way of eating so I can keep the inside of my body ticking properly. On my maternal side, heart disease is prevalent, and on my paternal side, cancer is the evil beast. I realize that God knows the number of my days, but I'm assuming that he'd like me to live comfortably while I'm here. --And by that, I mean, not spend unnecessary time in a hospital due to bad food choices, or also being able to run around the block and climb hills without passing out. Disease still knows my address, but I don't want to make myself a homing device for it.


Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Add them now!


This entry was posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: