I went to see The Happening last night. I should have brought a nice eye mask, because I watched most of the movie with my eyes covered. I kept getting scared and I didn't want my dream land invaded by gruesome sights.
 
If you haven't happened to see it, I'll tell you what happens in The Happening, but don't worry, because it's really not happening. Basically, the leaves and trees starting rustling (one of my former favorite sounds of all time), and then people start murmuring, and then get a far-away look, and then they want to hurt themselves. Bizarre.
 
I did appreciate that the Jeep Grand Wagoneer circa early 1990s made an appearance. It's my favorite vehicle of all time. But a horrible car for evacuation (which was attempted in the movie). Didn't the director realize that car gets about 12 or less mpg? Evacuating in that type of vehicle is completely fantasical. I might could believe the plants get mad at us, but going over 140 miles in one tank of gas in a jeep? Completey looney.


Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.


This entry was posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: