Saturday night, I hit the dancing circuit near downtown--which in my world means going to the church swing dance social. I normally have great dancing skills, but I wasn't on my game that night. Somehow the spinning, spinning, turning, and turning, didn't agree with me.
 
I got a headache, so I drank some water. Then I hit the floor again, and got spun around like socks in the dryer for about 10 more minutes, and afterwards, had the worst headache of my life. I barely could drive home, I was in such pain. I'm thinking that maybe it was something called a migraine. Not fun.
 
So, on Sunday I carried on with my workout antics by kickboarding in the pool as many times as my legs would take me, and then by yesterday morning, I had a bad kink in my neck. I sat at my desk all day yesterday with a grimace on my face.  I had no other choice. I called the Nordstrom Spa hotline. (And yes, Sister Nancy, I used your name as a reference--they love you!)
 
Since the spa is opened until 9, it gave me plenty of time to get home, eat some din-din, lift some light weights, and then get to the Galleria. I used my GPS (God Prayer System) as I drove, and found a way to get to the Galleria in 7 minutes (including garage time). I don't know why I've never figured out that path before, so indeed, it was a blessing.
 
I was ushered into the "relaxation room" and my feet were washed (how New Testament!). It was a little weird, but felt nice. Then, I got the massage. Since I had such a kink, it was a bit of a painful process, but the end result is a much less tense neck. I might have to start giving plasma so I can afford to go once a week.


Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More


This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: