Just a few years back, I didn't even have a text plan. It was on a 10 cent per message basis. I used to get annoyed when I received a text. It took forever to type out anything, and it was costing me 10 cents! My philosophy was, just pick up the phone!
 
Within the last year, my ideas about text have completely changed. Now, sometimes I'd rather receive a text than a call. With cell phones, we are accessible anywhere. And sometimes those situations do not provide a conducive environment for a phone conversation. I'd rather get a text, and then call the person when it's a better time, than pick up the phone and have to give a five minute synopsis of why it's not a good time to talk. I've also found it a bother to sometimes listen to voicemail. I used to love my voicemail. I suppose I need to also include a disclaimer, that it really is good to receive a live call--especially if it's a birthday or a new relationship.
 
Texting is a quick way to communicate, and now my plan includes 1500 text messages a month. I'm not an addict, but it's fun from time to time. It's like giving a faraway friend a quick high-five. "What up, buddy!"
 
To illustrate fun in texting land, I've included a text that I've saved because it makes me laugh.
 
Text with BFF from KY (edited for content and public privacy--used without writer's permission):
 
Me: next time u see me be prepared. I'm going to have abs of steel instead of veal.
Her: Yeah me too.
Me: if we do get abs of steel, we'll get our pics at walmt together wearing haf shirts.
Her: Airbrushed halfshirts and feathered bangs
Me: ohhh...the picture I can see in my mind...we're beautiful.
Her: And hot. U flying yet?
Me: waiting to board. i'm ready to go. packed all ready material by accident. DOH!
Her: Stinks. It is skymall for u.
Me: I hv blind date thurs.
Her: Oh lordy. Hope he isnt a young tall serial killer.
Me: If I marry a Texas, it prob means i'll be buried in tx unless he likes bluegrass.
Her: Under pressure.
Me: Why did I just sing that high in my head?
Her: Maybe u will be covered in bluebonnets. Close enuf.
Me: Mom told her friend that when ur dead, there is no Kentucky. Wisdom of Mom.
Her: That should be our state motto.
Me: It would be nice on a t-shirt. Btr than "i got lucky in Ky."



This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: