Dr. Oz recommends walking for 30 minutes a day. So far, I've walked 30 minutes a day for two days total. Being a person that dabbles in running, I feel kind of like a weenie if I'm just walking on a treadmill, so the first day, I challenged myself by playing with the speed and upgrade of the treadmill so I would feel like I got a workout. I came home drenched in sweat, with a slight muscle cramp in my left quad. Yesterday, I had dinner plans, so I wanted to squeeze in a non-sweaty 30 minute walking session. After 30 minutes of 0% upgrade and 4.0 walking, I was sweating like Mike Jagger during a concert.
 
Perhaps I'm an uber athlete whose body quickly slides into cool-down mode. Or perhaps I live in Houston, and it's June. I could probably try to catch flies with chopsticks and achieve the same effect.
 
Last week, I raced Emily (7) and Marissa (11), my youngest nieces, and won. I told them, "I still got it!" I fear that by Thanksgiving they'll be leaving me in the dust, so I have to step up my game.
 
Marissa already has almost beat me in height. And Emily naturally does that sprinter super-kick when she runs. My only hope of winning is if they spend more time playing video games and get out of shape. Maybe I should send them a new Nintendo DS game...


It's easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: