It’s storming today. A tropical storm that is now depressed decided to visit us here in H-town. Everyone here gets a wee bit nervous at the approaching of a storm. But in a way, it’s kind of like a bonding moment. During these times, Houston storm veterans can tell stories about the big storm in ’83 reminiscing like it was an old battle. Others get proud and scoff at the Houston newbies that get frightened by a few feet of water over the road.

Whatever the case, my own opinion is that I will pack up and leave if there’s a big storm. I might not take my jeep this time—maybe a Segway, bicycle, or a riding lawnmower, which could prove to be faster modes of transportation. But I’ll gather up some granola bars, a little cash (if available), and some t.p. and make like a baby and head out. And if I’m lucky, perhaps I’ll get another press release of my adventure. (scroll down after connecting link for the amazing story)


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: