-I was just hit in the head by the toilet paper dispenser in the work bathroom stall. It clunked very loudly. The other two ladies in the restroom didn’t know what in the world I was doing in there. Apparently a faulty T.P. installation.

-I carried my bible openly through the med center when I went to lunch. I needed to read it, and didn’t have a purse large enough to conceal it. I felt really strange walking around carrying it and couldn’t figure out if I should hold it cradled to my side church-girl style, or let my arm hang down with a pinch grip on it like a freshman boy carrying an algebra book. It reminded me of the same feeling like when I’ve held a new boyfriend’s hand in public for the first time. You can feel every nerve in your hand tingling, and you feel like everyone is watching. The word is a powerful thing.

-God keeps speaking to me about being humble. I feel like a big life lesson is approaching, so I keep checking my zipper and my nose everyday.

-I miss my days-of-solitude. I used to have one once a month, and I haven’t had one in several months. I gotta carve out some time. On my last one, I went to Austin, and then got stuck on the side of the road with car trouble, but God took care of me, so I can’t let that be my excuse.

-My friend, Emily, has very cute kids and I got to take pics of them while I was home. W.H. has eyes just like her. It’s so bizarre to see a mini-me of your best friend. W.H. was taking swim lessons. He kept wanting me to get a shot of him underwater. A. is her baby girl who is into pointing, and really wanted to swim, too. She just turned two.




This entry was posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Erin said...

    I'm not sure if I want to know how you got hit in the HEAD with the TP dispenser...

    Only you, Beth, only you... :-)

  1. ... on 12:48 PM  
  2. Jimmy, Jennifer, Evelyn June and Arun Bradbury said...

    ". . .out if I should hold it cradled to my side church-girl style, or let my arm hang down with a pinch grip on it like a freshman boy carrying an algebra book. It reminded me of the same feeling like when I’ve held a new boyfriend’s hand in public for the first time. You can feel every nerve in your hand tingling, and you feel like everyone is watching. The word is a powerful thing."

    Stunning.
    Jen

  3. ... on 2:40 PM  
  4. Ulovebeth said...

    I will follow my other point and remain humble even if a published author just commented to me "stunning."
    :)

  5. ... on 2:44 PM