Something that made me laugh:


Something that was strange:
I woke up to the song “Stairway to Heaven,” and laid in bed and listened to the whole song.

Something that touched my heart:
A text from my friend, Beth in CA, that said, “Don’t be sad. God’s plan is beautiful.”

Something that surprised me:
I reached my Susan Komen Fundraising Goal with one donation!

Something I might dream about as I feed my friend’s cats this weekend:
Cat Woman Video

Something that I read that made me think:

Our Times are in His Hands
At the end of each year, a calendar is like an album containing little snapshots of what we've done and where we've been. At home, our family has one simple rule, "Write everything down in pencil." One important lesson a calendar teaches us is that plans can change. Doctor's appointments get canceled, dinner dates get rescheduled, and anticipated events don't work out. Thankfully, that doesn't mean that our lives are out of control, that nothing is certain, and that there's nothing we can trust in.
God wants you to move through this day with a quiet heart, an inward assurance that He is in control, a peaceful certainty that your life is in His hands, a deep trust in His plan and purposes, and a thankful disposition toward all that He allows. He wants you to put your faith in Him, not in a timetable. He wants you to wait on Him and wait for Him. In His perfect way He will put everything together... see to every detail... arrange every circumstance... and order every step to bring to pass what He has for you.
Blessings,
Roy Lessin, co-founder of DaySpring


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    The Doctor said...

    If you woke up to "Stairway to Heaven", I sure hope you wake up early enough that you at least made it to work before lunchtime!

  1. ... on 10:18 PM