I registered my Starbucks gift card that I received for my birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed using my card, and on the day it was drained dry, the barista asked if she wanted me to throw it away. I said, “Sure.”

Little did I know, that “sure” was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. This was one time in life when I wished I had been unsure.

A few days later, I received a postcard in the mail from Starbucks telling me I was the recipient of $5 which was added onto my giftcard automatically.

“Superman, fly back in time to erase my wrong! Bill & Ted, I need your phone booth! Calgon, take me away!”

Today, on my new quest for new budgeting methods, I purchased a $10 Starbucks card for myself. I kind of hoped I would get lucky again, and then get another free $5. Well, by a miracle, I finally remembered my registered login name to the Starbucks website. Then, I registered the card, called the lost card hotline, and now I have the $5 back!

So, tip of the day: register your Starbucks giftcard. And don’t throw it away!


This entry was posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: