My friend, Robin, was getting hitched this past Saturday, so I got to load up the suitcase, catch a plane, rent a car, and head to Viva La Ashe-Vegas. Well, actually, to Black Mountain, and then later got to hang in Asheville.

The wedding was wonderful. Lots of Mexican food. Lots of contra dancing. Lots of sweet memories remembered.



I got to spend time with my friend, Brad, and his wife, Leigh. They took such good care of me and fed me cookies which I couldn’t stop eating, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls. I kept thinking maybe they were trying to fatten me up like Gretel, but it was worth it! They even transformed a room into a perfect little guest room for me.

On Sunday, I went to Gravy & Peas Church with Brad and Leigh. It’s a church I went to for about six months before I left Asheville. In the old meeting place, there were couches in the back to sit on. The new location in a multicultural center building is a little more posh. Afterwards, I hung out with Leigh and went to shops,
drove to check on my old place (3rd floor bedroom hanging off building was mine),

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5062233127556899538" />


and also drove up the mountain on Sunset Parkway.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5062232912808534722" />



It was so good to see a ton of my old friends. Some of them I hadn’t seen in seven years. Most of them had babies or toddlers, and the energy exerted to keep up with those little ones made me tired just watching them. It also kind of scared me to think I could be much older when I go through that stage with my currently non-created kids. I’m starting a nanny fund right now. Forget the 401K.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5062232496196706978" />



Yesterday, I decided to take a hike. I did not have on appropriate hike-wear or a day pack with the recommended first aid kit in it, but I did have some tennies and a camera.


Perhaps it wasn’t the safest thing to do in the whole world, but it was so great to climb to the top of a mountain. Things like that don’t happen often here in Houston.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5062231731692528258" />





The hike was well worth it, and I’m so glad I got to soak up the sun at the top.



Thanks to all my friends who took care of me on the trip. I wish I could see you all more often. And Asheville, sweet Asheville, thanks for the rest, peace, and groovy kind of love you ooze.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: