I have a great friend with the same name as me, and she’s super cool. She’s got a myspace and probably a facebook, and I don’t know what else. Last week, I get an e-mail from her asking if I am her friend, so I click “yes,” because she’s my friend. Well, the e-mail said I had been “tagged.” Sounds harmless enough, right? So, I added a picture thinking it just went on her profile. It’s me and my mom at my Super Sweet 16x2.


Next thing I know, I have now received over 30 e-mails with comments as such [kid readers, ask your parents permission before reading this]:

[Attached w/ a pic of a cop] “I pulled you over because you are in the possession of hotness.”

“Nice cake. Nice tiara. You a natural redhead?”

I really want to write back that I’m not the one in the tiara, but I think my mother would not be so happy with me if she ever found out.

I’m doing my best to un-tag myself right now. I’d prefer not to have to delete my e-mail. So far, the people who want to be “friends” are ages 20-51 with pics ranging from wearing a trucker hat and making a muscle to a total goth with multiple piercings. Maybe I’ll be able to find my long-lost kindergarten best friend, but I don’t think it’s worth it.


This entry was posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: