I suppose sometimes God puts us through hard times to draw closer to Him. So some of the trials in our lives actually help us to get a better understanding and closer relationship with God. I think that God is using public transportation to grow my faith.

I know I blog about Metro about 15% of the time. For so long, it was a mystery, and now it’s a part of my day-to-day life where God shows me Metro-miracles.

This morning, I clearly pulled out my Metro pass out of a book and made sure I had it. After I sprinted in the rain to the bus as it sat at the light, I got on and fumbled through my bag for the pass. I took out every book and bible I owned, and could not find it. I dropped my water bottle in the search. I took out all my snacks for the day. I searched my coat pockets. It was no where to be found. I prayed in my head to God. I didn’t know where the $1 would come from, because I had about 1 cent on me, as usual.

I worked my way over on the crowded bus (standing room only) and told the bus driver I didn’t have my pass. (Usually, that’s when they dump people off at the next available stop—no pay, no ride.) And she said, “The machine’s broken. When it’s got the white bag over it, that means you just get on.”

I hadn’t even noticed.

I looked at the couple standing in front of me and said, “So I dug through all my stuff, and I didn’t even have to pay?” They smiled and said, “Uh-huh.” I suppose it was nice being the bus entertainment for the morning. But it was even nicer to experience another Metro-miracle!

Do you dare to ride the Metro Bus?! Only the humble and the prayerful allowed.


This entry was posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    Beth, I always love reading your posts. So entertaining. I haven't been a faithful commenter (is that a word? I kinda think not) but it's just b/c I haven't had anything meaningful to say... not for lack of interest. :-)

  1. ... on 4:38 PM