My friend, Jonah, and his bro, Aaron, rented a car back in the fall when they came to Houston. There was a CD that was left in the car. It was a Houston rapper by the name of Mike Jones. They were amused because each and every song has Mike Jones repeating his name.

Last night at Young Life, a kid was standing in the corner after everything was over. He was kind of staring off into space when I heard him say, “Mike Jones.” It was like I heard E.F. Hutton or something. Talk about effective advertising.

I’m posting his site, but haven’t really tested the lyrics on cleanliness. Check out his website and see how many times you can count “Mike Jones.” The winner will receive a free piece of cake at the My Super Sweet Sixteen Times Two Bash.
http://www.whomikejones.com/.



This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Me said...

    I was thinking this guy's name sounded familiar, but couldn't think why since I don't have a habit of listening to this genre of music. Then I clicked on the link and it hit me - my 15 year old nephew has assaulted my ears with this tune at least once! (and I asked him the same question - well, sort of - "WHO is Mike Jones?")

  1. ... on 11:10 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    All I can say is, "Mike Jones...Mike Jones..."
    I really want the ring tone, but my phone won't support it.

    I thought your nephew was 3? This must be one from the newly acquired family.

  3. ... on 1:01 PM  
  4. Me said...

    Yes - he was only "Mike's nephew" until a few weeks ago! ;)

  5. ... on 12:44 PM  
  6. AyDubb said...

    Ummm..yeah. Lots of referring to women by the lesser-known scientific garden tool name. Mike Jones. Who??? Mike JONES!!

  7. ... on 11:03 PM  
  8. Ulovebeth said...

    Arshunda--Can I just tell you it took me a good two minutes of thought process to figure out the garden tool? I went through weeder, plow...I couldn't figure it out for a minute. It's all that KSBJ.

  9. ... on 8:11 AM  
  10. AyDubb said...

    Thats's odd. It only took me 10 seconds to read your response and burst into laughter! ;-)

  11. ... on 6:05 PM