Saturday, I drove out to Austin and had a great day. I read. I drank coffee while looking out at a not-so-gorgeous waterfront, but it was still peaceful.


And I witnessed an amazing sunset.

I headed home from my delightful day, and about 15 miles outside of Austin at the Bois D’Arc Lane (I know. Weird.) my Jeep slowly died. The check engine light came on, and then the steering wheel got really hard to turn. Luckily, I had a large shoulder to pull off on, and I coasted until my car stopped moving.

I prayed. Head to the steering wheel; heart to God. Help! I called Geico Roadside Assistance. And after what seemed like an eternity, they found a tow truck for me. And figured out where I was. I actually said these words to the poor lady trying to help me: “Please tell them I’m by myself and in the middle of nowhere!!”

Then I called a friend who I guess has kind of become my “in case of emergency” back-up. I said, “Just listen. I went to Austin by myself. And my car died. I’m getting a tow truck, and I guess I’ll rent a car and drive back. I just wanted you to know where I was.”

“Beth,” she said calmly. “Can I talk now?”
“Yes,” I said.

Then she explained, “I’m in Austin.”

So, she picked me up, took me to stay with her at her aunt’s. And now my jeep is hopefully being fixed in Austin. Below is a pic of my dead Jeep on the left. My friend’s car is on the right. I was sitting in the fancy tow truck.


So, this is twice in 2007, that Geico has been used by God as a tool in my life. They helped the security people find me when my purse was missing. And now they helped me in my time of need with car issues. Maybe I’ll be on one of their commercials soon! (not the caveman ones)


This entry was posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: