I live in a garage apartment, and I get the pleasure of kind of renting a dog, too. Frida belongs to my landlady, but I can borrow her when I feel like having a dog. She tells me hello every morning. And welcomes me home every evening.

She gets really, really excited when I come home and leaps about 4 feet straight in the air, and then runs to find a toy from the yard. After that, she bounds up my steps and wags her tail at a high enough speed to generate sparks as it hits the railing. I throw the toy as far as I can, and she leaps into the landscaping or wherever she needs to go to fetch it. And then she runs back up the steps, panting heavily, so I can throw it again.

Sometimes I count the number of times I throw to her (because I am a counter) and I've thrown it up to 30 times, and she's ready for more. She is a fetching machine. She's not so much into letting me pet her; she just wants to play fetch.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: