1)Wearing red bandanas Willie Nelson style to mow the lawn.

2)Sitting in his chair in the kitchen—reading the paper, preparing his SS lesson underlining stuff with his Cross pen, or eating (hyperfocused).

3)His class ring from Brescia (alma mater of Florence Henderson).

4)Opening the downstairs bathroom door and causing the air content of the house to rapidly change.

5)Sucking in his belly (the best he could) and patting it at the same time while making Tarzan noises.

6)Laughing really hard at Johnny Carson, then years later, David Letterman.

7)Taking his socks off after work and my brother and sister and I throwing them at each other for methods of torture.

8)Eating off my plate while he said, “Are you going to eat that?” or “Here, let me try that.”

9)Three driving stories: a) When he got away from the state trooper on backroads, b) when he came home with glass all over him because a deer tried to jump in the passenger side window, and c) when the whole wheel came off our jeep causing sparks to fly, and he calmly pulled over, and he and I walked a mile or two home.

10)The time I had him come fix my car when I was in college. It caught on fire, so he put it out with my mom’s sweater. I was out of gas. Whoops!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: