I've wanted to go to the Houston Zoo for five years. I finally went yesterday. The zoo is free on Labor Day, so what better day to go? Through the years, I have asked friends, boyfriends, and acquaintances, etc. to go with me to the zoo. No one would go with me. So, yesterday, I went with my Nikon. And we had a nice, hot and stinky, zoo day.

As soon as I entered the zoo ready to hit the aquarium, I was a part of a crowd with a group of teenagers and this kid says to me, "Did you know the crocodile hunter died? Some thing " I said, "Are you kidding me?" He said, "No. For real." His friend with the grill shook his head in agreement. And I said, "Are you joking?" (I don't trust teenagers after teaching school.) Then another gentlemen with a bling-bling necklace who I think I saw in a Nelly Furtado video (not with the teens) sadly shook his head "yes" in agreement.

I had tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to look at the sea horses. So I silently looked at fish, and prayed for Steve, Terry, Bindi, and Bob. Keep Steve's family in your prayers. Even though I never met him, I loved that guy. He showed such a love of life, creation, and his family.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: