The Gap is having a big fall sale. They’re putting boot-cut jeans on sale. It can only mean one thing: skinny-legged jeans are here—boot-cut is out. One day you’re in. The next day you’re out.

On What Not To Wear, they said that skinny-legged pants make women look like ice cream cones.

I really don’t know what to do here. Do I buy the skinny jeans to wear with ballet flats so I can keep up with the trends like Sienna Miller (per InStyle)? Or do I get the bootcut jeans on sale and deem myself free from the chains of fashion, but totally not hip? Hey, maybe I can buy the boot-cut and figure out a way to roll them up where they look like skinny jeans. I just re-discovered tight rolling!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Erin said...

    I don't know, Beth... I'm all for fashion, but when I have to choose between fashion or figure-flattering, I have to go with figure-flattering. I'm thinking I'll save a few bucks on the on-sale boot cut jeans and take my chances on being unfashionable.

  1. ... on 5:08 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Whatever skinny girl. You are blessed w/ height. It's the short girls who will look like Jr. Scoop cones that will suffer. You'll wear them and strut like you were on the catwalk (again :)).

  3. ... on 7:31 AM  
  4. Laurie said...

    Ummm, well there is a legitimate reason for even the largest bras to have some padding. At the risk of sharing too much information, I wear a D cup and prefer to have a little bit of padding. This eliminates the need for band-aids.

    And I absolutely refuse to wear the skinny jean. If the majority of us wear boot cut jeans, we can't ALL be wrong.

  5. ... on 11:00 AM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    I can't believe you revealed your cup size. I wish they changed bra sizes to Starbucks drink sizes. I'd be in between a tall and a venti.
    I might just go straight leg. It's a compromise between the boot-cut and the skinny.

  7. ... on 12:16 PM  
  8. Erin said...

    Laurie... at the risk of scaring all men away from Beth's blog forever... I know exactly what problem you are talking about and there is a solution that does not involve padding. See me off-blog for details...

  9. ... on 3:14 PM