Have you ever felt the call of God? Like you check your cell phone and it says GOD 777-7777 (Yes, that's God's phone number.)

I really feel God has put on my heart to go to Kenya on a mission trip with my church. I really didn't want to even think about going because I have been broker than broke. Months ago, I had a big plan about how I was going to save up for the trip. And then, mysterious bills kept entering my mailbox and crazy extra non-planned-for costs. But God still called me, and has made me ask for money. I do not like asking for money. I'm the kid that couldn't even sell M&Ms for the school fundraiser. My brother ate them all and my parents had to pay.

Anyway, a former co-worker is determined that I will have enough money to go. Isn't it crazy that the two years I spent removing staples and making copies would have more impact on my life than I could ever imagine? Her kindness has touched my heart. And who knew that God would change me so much by accepting my helplessness and trusting Him? I'm sure there's more to come. Wow. I'm going to Africa. I will be going.


This entry was posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    777-7777 used to be the phone number for 'crown pluming' in houston. ...i'm glad that you are able to hear God speak and it is great to see how He is working in your life...

  1. ... on 9:01 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Justin--I have been drinking more tap water. Have you?
    Last night I saw a brief CNN clip on some tribal people that were being treated for AIDS. I started picturing myself actually being there. And it made me a little nervous. Which is a good thing. That way I'm not operating on my own wigged-out self-confidence. But must depend on God.

  3. ... on 8:07 AM