The Gap has done it again! Just when I thought I might be outgrowing The Gap, they’ve thrown a new bone (or clothing collection) my way. This time—a whole new concept: Forth & Towne. http://www.forthandtowne.com/#0.1

I used to think a cool way to describe the Trinity to shop-aholics was by using The Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic: three-in-one. Now they’ve added Forth & Towne, so my method is messed up. The clothes appear to be pretty classy. I don’t know if it’s a step between The Gap & BR, or if it’s a step above BR.

It’s going to be interesting to see the clientele. Will Dinah leave BR and now only shop Forth & Towne? Me? I’ve been a Gap Girl for a long time. For awhile, I’ve felt like I’ve needed to move on…to expand my territory (and wardrobe) in a new direction. I thought I was just going to have to settle for the BR Outlet at Katy Mills, but I can only get out there about once a year.

The new Forth & Towne opened Sept. 20 in the Galleria. I suppose I’ll drag myself there one day and check it out. Since my funds are low for now, I’ll just have to be a pretend shopper. And I WILL NOT get a Forth & Towne credit card –even if they promise me 10% off my first purchase and give me a kidney if I ever need it.

p.s. When will H&M ever come to Houston?? :(


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: