I've been walking to a bus stop about a mile from my office to avoid having to sit on the bus so long. I don't sit in the little bus booth because I've seen lots of vagrants hanging out in there, and I can just imagine it being used for a public restroom.

So, I'm standing outside the bus booth, when I see a lady that I've seen before (she never rides the bus, just sits in the booth) coming across the street. She's not using the crosswalk and has just made it over the median when she gets this uncomfortable look on her face like she's hot. Before I know it, I see the red t-shirt come over her head and then realize that this lady is indeed a lady, and not a man, and that she does not have on her over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder. Then, she keeps walking towards me and takes a seat behind me. I felt like maybe I should say, "Hon, let's put your shirt back on."

But I was basically standing there in shock. No one really seemed to notice. I might have easily been the only one to see this. (Is our world so blind to the homeless that we don't even notice them--NAKED?!) So, whether or not it was the right thing to do, I casually booked it by foot to the next bus stop.

When my bus driver picked me up, I said, "Did you see naked lady back there?" He looked at me with a crazy face (like I was crazy) and said, "No."

Am I living in NY or Houston?! My coworker and I (thank God for cell phones to have instant therapy after something like this) decided that maybe it's a new term for Houston weather, "It will be strippin' hot today with high humidity..." Another friend said, "I've never been that hot."
I was kind of hot that day, too, but I'll stay on the shirts team. Let's leave the skins to the mens.


This entry was posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Jimmy, Jennifer, Evelyn June and Arun Bradbury said...

    I do love Beth. I can't belive I've just found your blog. Too much funny. Barbie corvette, stripping hot, the Nelly necklace, Brad Pitt posters . . .

    Thanks for making me laugh. I can't wait to see you!
    Jen

  1. ... on 11:40 AM