After watching Super Size Me http://www.supersizeme.com/ , I declared fast food no longer a part of my life. But then I made a friend who was the poster child for fast food (not pictured). Perhaps it's because this person hadn't seen the door of age 30 yet, but somehow I was entranced by the carefree attitude he had about fast food. Not thinking about trans fatty acids and clogged arteries was a free feeling. When he asked me if I wanted a gordita or a taco, I had to ask what a gordita was, I hadn't eaten at Taco Bell in about 3 years. I chose the taco. It didn't taste disgusting. I liked it.

Then, one day at work, my boss of 110 pounds sopping wet came in with a Taco Bell sack, and I jokingly (but not really) asked if I could have a taco. She freely shared one with me, and, again, I liked it.

Last night, I purposefully searched a neighborhood for Taco Bell so I could have a taco. I had a tough time deciphering the menu, and then I decided on a kids' meal. I got two soft tacos, cinnamon twists, and they also accidentally gave me an apple empanada.

Now, as I sit at my desk the next morning with a stomach ache, I realize that the only border I need to be running to in the Canadian one. Mexico, your fast-food border is not tummy-friendly. Canada, let me in! I want to ski and dance with the elk! Oh great, now I'm hallucinating from all the trans fats because blood to my brain is being blocked!!


This entry was posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    erin vanv said...

    Actually, Canada has an even worse fast-food Mexican restaurant called Taco Time...when I first moved here I got so excited to see a Mexican food restaurant but was soon gravely disappointed. I have not eaten at Taco Time once without being sick within 30 minutes.

    But you can still run for the Canadian border...

  1. ... on 5:07 PM  
  2. Anonymous said...

    Go to Canada and get some Poutine (Sp?). French fries covered in gravy- now that's healthy.

  3. ... on 8:52 AM