For the last several years, I have relied totally on my cell phone. I have had a local line in my grips, but I prefer my cell. I’ve come to realize something about my phone service: it stinks.

I’ve been a member of several mobile teams in H-town: Sprint, T-Mobile, and now AT&T—the phone company formerly known as Cingular. Cingular used to boast that they had the fewest dropped calls. Maybe they meant the fewest dropped phones, because my phone dances to the “Drop It Like It’s Hot” rhythm on one out of two calls. My cell phone bill has more repeats than episodes of Friends.

On October 27th, AT&T and I are having our 2 year anniversary. I’ve done some thinking, and I really think we need to break up. AT&T has been breaking up with me for a long time, and I just didn’t want to face it. I miss how it used to be when AT&T was Cingular. AT&T puts the A, T, and T in the word attitude.

We are so over. But we’re still together until our contract runs out. And I’m worried about moving on. I’m thinking about hooking up with Sprint.

Give me a shout of if you have any mobile relationship advice.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

    Alyssa said...

    I like Verizon a lot. There are very few spots in town where I can't get a signal. I RARELY drop calls. The only complaint I have is that more of my friends aren't Verizon because then I would do more "in" calling. :)

  1. ... on 12:16 PM  
  2. Laurie said...

    Verizon and I were together for years until my mom convinced me he wasn't any good for me. She talked me into trying a relationship with Cingular. Well, as time went on, Cingular started acting strange...more and more like AT&T. I didn't like the new guy he had become. As soon as my contract is up, I'm going to ask Verizon if he'll take me back.

  3. ... on 12:28 PM  
  4. Jimmy, Jennifer, Evelyn June and Arun Bradbury said...

    We're Verizon phone phans too. Just hold out for a nice phone--we've replaced our freebies three times because they don't charge. But Verizon was really nice about it.
    Jen

  5. ... on 1:08 PM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    The price plan seems a bit pricier, but is in worth it? And I get free incoming calls?

    What's the text plan?

    I can hear you now.

  7. ... on 2:11 PM  
  8. gL said...

    I don't know about verizon, but G knows Sprint... don't even go there! Before you started ranting on AT&T I was going to suggest them. It is what we use them for our service at work and it's awesome. I never drop calls and haven't heard complaint's from any of our 100 employees. In fact I was at the lake in deep east texas this weekend and had signal! It may have to do more with the phone and less with AT&T. Have you tried calling them and asking about a different phone?

  9. ... on 6:45 AM  
  10. Ulovebeth said...

    Yes, remember, I dropped my phone? and now have a borrowed one? Okay,okay, you don't have to have my life memorized.
    I read a lot of reviews yesterday, and AT&T is known for "most dropped calls". It does usually work better in the boonies, and it's the only thing my fam uses in KY (and basically all that is available). I'm just not sure.
    Verizon has lots of good reviews.

  11. ... on 7:42 AM  
  12. Alyssa said...

    Yay! More friends becoming Verizon users! You should totally do it! :)

  13. ... on 6:30 AM  
  14. Me said...

    I have been a Verizon customer for years and they're not perfect, but I have to say that I think I have far fewer complaints than many friends with other providers!

  15. ... on 10:00 AM