I am an avid water drinker. I love me some H2O. We don’t have a water cooler at work, so I drink lots of unfiltered tap water because I always forget to bring water with me. So when I have access to filtered water, I go a little overboard (is the restaurant “fountain” water filtered? Please say yes.).

Today at my Chipotle visit, I overindulged in some water a) because I love it, and b) because my pico de gallo was a pico bit caliente. Perhaps I should have taken into account the amount of liquid my belly could hold, but I did not.

Afterwards, I decided to get a nice Starbucks to finish off lunch in a special way. In the brief moments before I was asked to proclaim my order to the baristas, I feverishly tried to come up with something a little bit creative. So, I ordered like this: “Tall, caramel macchiato with soy, please.”

Even the flow of the words as I said them was almost spell-binding, so I knew the drink had to be tasty. I guess the word “macchiato” makes me feel like I’m flirting with the Italian language.

So then began the H20 and macchiato tango in my tummy. As I trekked over the metro train tracks and down the sidewalk, I was almost embarrassed as I thought maybe others could hear the “slosh-slosh-slosh” of the tango. I tried to walk slower, but that didn’t seem to help, “sllllosh-sllllosh.”

It took me back to days of drinking way too much cherry kool-aid and making my sister put her ear to my stomach to listen to the sound.

Fascinating.

I foresee many trips to the ladies room in my near future.


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    gL said...

    making your sister listen... ROFL

  1. ... on 6:53 AM