I’ve found a balance between the world of text and the world of e-mail. Maybe it’s not texting in its pure form, but it works for me.

I just send a short e-mail to the phone number and text address and voila! I’ve sent a text! The number received by the phone is a bit strange, so you might need to identify yourself. But when the texter replies, it goes back to your e-mail.

Sometimes certain providers offer texting someone from their website, but this is a bit more user friendly.

The major US cellular carriers use the 10_digit_number@cell.carrier_domain.com format for SMS to text capable cell phones, with a limit of 160 characters in the subject and message body (total).


Send Email to phonenumber@....

AT&T @txt.att.net
Nextel @messaging.nextel.com
Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-mobile@tmomail.net
Verizon @vtext.com


This entry was posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    gL said...

    so did you get a new phone then... who's it with?

  1. ... on 8:31 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    No, not yet. I'm thinking I might just keep cingular. Even though my reception isn't great. Right now, I'm all about the minutes.

  3. ... on 9:14 AM