I have a friend that has asked her supporters and friends to fast lunch, or some food for the 30 days of Ramadan and to pray for the people of Indonesia where she is serving as a missionary. It begins on September 13th.

I’m going to pray about this. (Yes, I’m praying about praying.) I kind of hear the faint, “Starbucks” in my head, but I need to pray about this first. Maybe I need to fast bread or something like that. Surely not Starbucks. I really don’t go there very often. Really. The last Starbucks I had was like three days ago or so.

She made a note and shared a verse that although fasting is important, the attitude is more important.

"Thus says the Lord of hosts,
Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another,
do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart."
Zechariah 7:9-10


Do you want to join me? For Ramadan, do you want to fast and/or pray for 30 days for the people there? If you want to know more about my friends’ journey, e-mail me, and I get you put on her e-mail list. She’s in a not super-safe situation, so I can’t tell all the details. Kind of like a CIA Missionary or something.

Something great thing that happened over the weekend, is that Cody’s dad got to meet some of my friends from church. His dad said all my friends looked like models, so be encouraged! ;) Thanks for praying for Cody. Here’s some pics of me with Cody and his family.



His mom and dad are Pat and Gerry. Please pray for them as they near the home stretch of their stay at MD Anderson. They’re ready to get back to Tennessee, and it’s close to time, but everything is not ready yet.


This entry was posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: