I keep having strange experiences in the work bathroom. I thought about starting a blog just about restroom experiences because sometimes the experiences are so strange, but then I thought the idea might be stinky.

I actually have made several friends in the work restroom. There are a few ladies that are on the same daily schedule as me. So we greet each other as we pass, and share small talk stories. They’re always happy to see me, and I’m happy to see them. But we’re only on the bathroom buddy level. I never meet them for lunch or see them any other time.

Having bathroom buddies can make things uncomfortable. Because sometimes you want your bathroom experience to be a place where not everybody knows your name, because they’re not always glad you came.

I really think there should be a smell-o-meter outside the bathroom door. That way, if it was stinky, you would know so you wouldn’t enter and then get hit in the face with toxic gas and have to make the choice to forge on, or find an alternative location.

It would be kind of funny if there was a webcam at the inside entrance to the bathroom so you could watch for people’s reactions when it hits them. Or you could also catch the culprits. Who is it that leaves the toilet paper all over the floor?

And one last thought, I always hate walking the dog to take it to potty because she has to sniff around for hours finding the right spot. But I guess humans do the same thing in public restrooms. If I’m alone, I will examine several stalls before deciding. And why can’t I just go in one that hasn’t been flushed? Do I think a clean toilet has never had anything in it before? The only difference between the two is usually just a flush, unless there was some other type of disturbance.


This entry was posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    gL said...

    I think most guys are ignorant of women's bathroom habits. I think that part of it is that ya'll don't use public restroom facilities as much, but some of it is willfully choosing not to think of such things... ignorance is bliss... please don't steal my innocence with a ladies restroom blog

  1. ... on 9:51 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I keep fearing the day when public restrooms go co-ed.

    In elementary school, the girls restroom was broken, so the girls got to use the boys restroom, but mainly it was like touring something from another planet. The experience has haunted me for a lifetime.

  3. ... on 9:58 AM