I spilled a pot of bare minerals gold eyeshadow on my white jeans this morning, so I had to change clothes pretty fast so I would make it to work at a decent time. I grabbed a pair of khakis that need to be hemmed, but I thought if the heels were high enough, I should be okay. Then, I paired it with a plain red tee, and took off out the door.

I was really bummed because I wanted to wear my white jeans today with my brown top that has teal beaded accents. Suddenly, a feeling of horror overtook me. In that moment, I realized as I weaved through traffic, I was dressed for work in my khakis and red top; I looked like a Target Team Member.

If anybody deserves this, it’s me. Once I created a special name tag for a guy in my office that said, “Target Team Member ANDY” when he wore a red shirt with khakis. He never wore that outfit combo again. And I am the person that laughs at customers shopping in Target who enter the store dressed in red and khaki and wonder why people keep coming up to them asking where the lightbulbs are.

I have got to remember not to shop at Target on the way home. But I just know that something will draw me there. And then I will be answering questions about where products are located (which I will probably know since it’s my favorite store).

I guess I should look on the bright side, maybe they’ll give me a discount! Humble. Humble. Humble Pie. Yummy.


This entry was posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    gL said...

    beth... just say no to white jeans...

  1. ... on 12:46 PM