I underslept, and then overslept, this morning. As I walked up to the security guard at work to get a sticker badge in place of my forgotten real badge for the second day in a row, I heard a song playing at his desk. It was Mr. Powder singing, “So you had a bad day…”

Last night, I had a distressed call from a friend telling me she was tired of the “game.” She was tired of it. I repeated another cheesy song (but true in this instance) by a Mr. Blunt as I told her, “You’re beautiful.” And she said, “No, I’m not!” And I said, “Yes you are.”

What other cheesy song am I going to live out today? I never really considered myself much of a fan of either song, but apparently they have found their way into my subconscious, much like "My Humps." (Sorry, but it's true. I've been running to that song on my shuffle as I train for the Susan Komen Race. Maybe some irony. Maybe I'll stop exploring this thought.)

Note to readers: I did not intend to get “So you had a bad day…” or “You’re byoo-TAH-FULL” stuck in your head all day although it might happen. Sorry about that.

"She's got me spending...spending all my money/money..."


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: