This past weekend, I got to spend some time with some old co-workers splashing around in my friend, Kim’s new pool. And yesterday, we got a new guy in our office. All this ex/new co-worker activity has caused me to be a little reflective on how much work relationships affect my life.

I’m met tons of wonderful people through this whole system I was thrown into called “work.” I’ve been able to keep up with some—even through moves and job changes, but in the midst of all the other relationships in my life, it’s impossible to maintain the closeness with those people that I would like.

When you really think about it, you probably spend more time with these people, than any other people in your life. They know all the signs of my various moods (not that mine swing) and what things in my life are important to me (including way too many details of my family and love-interests).

I kind of wish I could start my own business and bring in an all-star team of all my co-workers from the past. I would bring in some people from my college job at the Bowling Green Public Library, people from my old teaching jobs, people from LT accounting, and from my current job in the med center. And my job would just be to go around talking with everyone and laughing with them until my sides hurt.

Maybe I could get Oprah to sponsor the project. I have no idea what the business would do. Maybe we could function as a community center that would teach people to read, do their taxes, and also serve as a clinic. [How bizarre. I just realized that I’ve covered about every possible service field. God, what in the world is your plan for my crazy career path?!]

These people in my multiple-career life are so precious to me. We all have our “moments” with each other, but collectively, it’s a gift to be able to share lives with these peeps. Maybe that’s what the main thing this crazy path is all about.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: