The majestic wonders and intricacies of nature amaze me and make me feel awe in the presence of God. In other places I’ve traveled and lived, those moments of awe from nature are so commonplace, that they can sometimes become unappreciated. In Houston, sometimes I must be a nature detective to discover things which will awe me. I must pause. Take a breath. And be pleasantly surprised by the captured moment.

Today, I captured a moment with a little bitty tiny snail (and I also captured a pic). It was hiding under a leaf.

Hi, little bitty snail! Hello! Can you understand English? Or did you take a long trip from Mexico? Hola, pequeño caracol minusculo! Soy su amiga!

I had to go back to work, and he had to go back to hanging out on his leaf, but I was glad we got to meet today.

For some reason, I don’t have the same compassion for the ants. I tried squishing them. Sorry, little ants.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: