I went to eat lunch in the med center. I’ve been getting items a la carte from the over-priced Mexican food place. I don’t think the lady behind the counter likes me doing that. But it’s much cheaper. I save $3.50 just by not getting beans and rice (how nice, yes, but not necessary).

I went to pay for my food, and DOH! No dough. No debit card. I hid my credit cards from myself. I had a checkbook in my purse, and said, “Do you take checks?” I had some new “forever” stamps, too, but didn’t think they qualified for being food stamps.

The man said no. And I left my food. I left my enchilada suiza and my pollo taco behind. “Good-bye…good-bye….” I walked away hungry.

Last night, I was blessed with a $10 Starbucks card, so I trekked on over to see what I could conjure up for substance. I had banned eating Starbucks sandwiches, because 1) I don’t like sandwiches that sit all day in a frig, and 2) don’t they have enough of a monopoly on the coffee market without taking over another one? Today, I digressed and picked out a poppy-seed baguette with some turkey. Not too bad. Bread not too wet or dry.

Starbucks, you are my friend. And I thank you for that.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    gL said...

    I bet they really loved you when you walked away.

  1. ... on 2:25 PM