I am freezing, and it’s summer in Houston. Why am I freezing? Because I sat outside for about ten minutes during lunch and enjoyed the 90 degree temp, and then went back to the office. Inside all buildings in Houston, Texas the temperature is about 62 degrees. Because in Houston, we like to waste energy, because it helps the economy. And the Galleria also supports it, so we buy sweaters more in the summer than in the winter. And the restaurants are somehow in on it, too, because millions of sweaters get left behind at restaurants, and then we have to buy new ones, so then they get a cutback from the Galleria.

Perhaps, if everyone in Houston opened up their doors on the hottest day of the year, we could bring down the temperature a few degrees by air-conditioning the outside. Then, we wouldn’t all have to hide from the heat all summer, and could enjoy sunny days without passing out.

I’m tired of shivering indoors. I bet there where whiners who whined about being hot while shopping or eating, and all retailers and restaurant owners and grocers got together and said, “We’ll show them! Let’s play freeze-out!” Oh, how cold it is to serve out the sentence for the sins of those before us! Somebody get me my emergency Fred Rogers’ cardigan! Won't you be my neighbor and fetch me a sweater?


This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    AyDubb said...

    Oh! SO the owners of my place of work are friends with the people who own the building where you work? If you walked into our bulding, you'd see people in the middle of the hottest months wearing wool like it had to be 32 degrees outside. We keep the coffee/hot tea/hot chocolate people in business, not to mention the makers of ugly wool scarves, windbreakers, insulated raincoats, flannel blankets...my heart goes out to you

  1. ... on 7:54 PM  
  2. Abby said...

    Me and my work cardigan = unseperable

  3. ... on 5:27 AM  
  4. Ulovebeth said...

    The worst problem is that the cold promotes leg hair growth. And the season promotes shorts.

  5. ... on 8:10 AM  
  6. Aimee said...

    Amen, sista. I keep my heater on at my desk year round...i come in from sweltering heat and within 10 minutes, i'm frozen. nice :-)

  7. ... on 1:11 PM