While wandering in the produce section, I noticed that there are a lot of fruits on display that I have no idea how to eat or buy. Because I'm on the new and improved healthy eating kick, I've decided that this will be the Summer of Fruit! which will include trying out new fruits.
 
I felt like I was wondering in a foreign land as I examined mangoes and tiny bananas and other things that had weird shapes and skins. The most difficult thing about eating new fruit, is that I don't know how to pick out fruit that is ripe or tell if it's gone bad. And then, when I get it home, how in the world do I eat it?

I was really wishing I had google access in the grocery store. I don't enjoy feeling like a grocery store alien. Normally, I just stick with the bananas, grapes, oranges, and apples, but since it's the Summer of Fruit!, I'm going to be adventurous. I'm hoping that I also won't develop any Summer of Fruit! allergies that might have been lying dormant in my epidermis.
 
My Current Fruit Repertoire
Apples (Braeburn, Cameo, Empire, Jonas Gold, Granny Smith)
Oranges
Clementines
Tangelos
Bananas
Grapes (black and green)
Starfruit
Aprium
Watermelon
Mangoes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Pineapple*
Honeydew melon*
Cantelope*
Peaches*
Pears*
 
*ulovebeth does not care for these fruits
 
 


Change the world with e-mail. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    gL said...

    try kiwi. you peel it and eat the inside!

  1. ... on 12:04 PM  
  2. Abby said...

    The fact that you don't like pineapple and that Gala apples didn't make your list means that we officially cannot be friends... just a heads up :P

  3. ... on 5:41 AM