At my new office, I am the candy bowl holder--it's a dangerous role for me as a former candy junkie. It's a crystal bowl, and when people walk by my cube area, they dig in and get some candy. It was filled with the traditional Starlite mints, but I found some Halloween candy in the desk from the last employee, so I added that to the bowl.
 
And today, I put in some Twinkies that were a gift from my friend, Kim. I ate one of them, but there is no way I'm eating an entire box of Twinkies--especially when I watched four episodes in a row of Dr. Oz on the Discovery Health Channel this past weekend. So, I've got the Twinkies in the crystal bowl. I almost feel like I've left out rat poison or something (they're filled with fatty oils and high fructose corn syrup, God bless them), but I tell everyone who grabs one to eat at their own risk.
 
I think Dr. Oz would eat a Twinkie. Sometimes, eating a Twinkie is the right thing to do.
 
Ode to Twinkies
 
Twinkies, you are so cute.
But you make me look fat in my birthday suit.
I wish you tasted bad.
Then losing you wouldn't make me sad.
 
Twinkies, stop looking so tasty.
Filled with white cream that squeezes like toothpasty.
I am losing my mind.
The more I eat, the more I get behind.
 
Twinkies, this is love.
But from below or above?
It will last forever.
Because your expire date is never.


Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    hahahahahaa i lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllluvuvuvuvuv twinkies & u cant eat em & i can cuz i have high metabolism lolololl jkjkjkjk i love spammmiinnng *&%&^%*&%^*(&FVTYGVUYTVYTVK

  1. ... on 10:02 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Dear Anonymous,
    Thank you for your comment, but it's not about high metabolisms. It's about the health of your heart. Please be careful with your Twinkie consumption. It can be dangerous and life threatening.
    thanks,
    Ulovebeth

  3. ... on 10:09 AM  
  4. The Traveler said...

    Mmmmm Twinkies! :) Just remember when the nuclear holocaust occurs all that will be left are a few lucky survivors, the cock roaches, and all the twinkies you can eat!

    I love Twinkies! (a lot more than cock roaches)

  5. ... on 1:51 PM  
  6. Erin said...

    The last 2 lines of your ode make me think of a sign my Grandma has had hanging on her refrigerator for about as long as I can remember:

    "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips."

    But I agree - Twinkies are definitely one of those things that are mmm mmm good, but mmm mmm bad for your body!

  7. ... on 2:16 PM