I found some cute shoes at Steinmart. I was looking for some sandals with a cheetah print, because cheetah print is the new black for summer (per J.Crew). I found some shoes in the d'Orsay style that had faux snake skin with cheetah-like colors, so I decided these were the shoes for me.
 
My right foot is probably 1/2 size larger than my left foot. My right foot is also pretty much as flat as a pancake. I wore corrective shoes until I was about 3 or 4, but it didn't help much with giving me an arch for the pancake foot. My smaller foot (the left) does have an arch. If I ever have to try on a glass slipper, I just pray it's the left foot one that is offered to me.
 
Anyway, I bought the boom-chicka-wow-wow shoes and doctored them up a bit with Dr. Scholls devices in order to have the smaller shoe not slip. I decided to wear them to the Fairy Godseester and Silly Rotor's wedding. Within 30 minutes of having the shoes on, I already could hear blister formations crying for attention. Within 60 minutes, and as soon as my lovely chaffeur had us at the wedding location, I was frantically searching for the bride room for deo (which does work) to put on the rubbing spot.
 
Thank goodness there was a very well-prepared bridesmaid who had the ultimate bride's room basket. This sweet darling has been in 18 weddings, and she put her knowledge to use. It was like the best of CVS in a green wicker.  The deo wasn't doing much good, so then I added the band-aids (also found in the basket). Then, I quickly popped a bite-sized butterfinger in my mouth to dull the pain. And finally I was able to focus on more important things...like the wedding.
 
The wedding was lots of fun, and my shoes are really cute. I might just put them in a display case instead of wearing them again.
 
Note: Laurie's shoes out-sexied my shoes for best wedding shoes. I need to find out if her foot beauty was painful. And if not, I need to know where she got those shoes.


Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Laurie said...

    Not only were my shoes not painful, but literally within seconds of being in the presence of a young, attractive, single doctor, he told me that my shoes were turning him on.

    Unfortunately, I honestly don't remember where I bought those shoes. But I plan to wear them every day for the rest of my life.

  1. ... on 11:05 AM