When I had braces, I had a guide that said, "When in doubt, leave it out." It was referring to the various foods that you could and could not eat. I need to rephrase it to some lessons I'm learning about myself which would be, "When in doubt, trust God."

Over and over, God asks me, "Do you trust me?" Not being positive in my answer sometimes allows me to get myself in a pickle. And look like a pickle. And act like a pickle. And feel like a pickle. It's not a good thing. Nobody likes pickles that much.

Over and over, I have to realize that God has my life. Every situation. Every minute. Every relationship. Never fear, Jesus is here. And that God loves me. As a pickle. And as a girl/woman named Beth.

With too much time on the internet this weekend, I rediscoved my old favorite website www.kristenhartland.com. I met Kristen's sister-in-law, Susan, through a Bible study. I only met Susan once, right after Kristen had died, but I am forever thankful for her sharing her family's story. It has been a special joy to pray for them. Kristen Hartland was a young wife and mom who had breast cancer twice. In between her cancers, she had a baby named Sam. Her and her husband's story is precious and sweet. She's someone you'll definitely want to meet in heaven.

I'm going to try to close my blog this week to fast it. Can you fast a blog? Well, I'm going to. I'm such a write-a-holic. I love to write, but I think that God has some things to teach me this week as I prepare for Ken-YA! (You have to say that with a karate chop at the end.)

Special thanks to friends this weekend who let me know that: God loves me, has a plan for me, I'm not psycho (just sometimes experiences tendencies like that), Africa is going to touch my life in a way I cannot imagine, being "Beth" is good, loving people 1 Cor 13-style is not easy for humans (need God), and that I'm beautiful. (and so humble -- hee! hee!).


This entry was posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: