Working in the Med Center, sometimes you can feel trapped. I need wide open spaces (like the Dixie Chicks). My longtime friend, Ann, rescued me today. She drove up in her Civic and took me away from the Med Center. I felt like my hour lunch turned into a sweet retreat.

We ate at Houston’s Restaurant. I had the salmon/dill appetizer. She had the chicken fingers. We sat at the bar so we could get food fast. And we drowned our troubles—with lemonade.

I didn’t realize that I was having so much fun until I realized that the bar tender was laughing at me laughing. When I’m with Ann, I think I try to mimic her laugh and it turns into this weird deep, machine gun, “huh-huh-huh-huh!” It was a little embarrassing, but not embarrassing enough to make me stop.

Sometimes you just need to get away. Sometimes you just need to laugh. Work gives you lemons, you go drink lemonade!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Erin said...

    I am laughing just picturing it. You and Ann both have such great laughs, the thought of trying to combine the 2 makes me giggle.

  1. ... on 2:42 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    She wants to take you to lunch, too. But said she has to have you "pencil her in" three months in advance because you are busy being social queen. I miss you, too, Erin. Can you have parties at your house like in the old days? :)

  3. ... on 7:23 AM  
  4. Erin said...

    I know, I miss y'all too. I think a party at my house sounds like a great idea. I'll get right on that (as soon as we finish the redecorating in Sarah's bathroom...).

  5. ... on 1:11 PM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    Well, maybe we can have a showing of White Christmas and Christmas Vacation and then decorate your Christmas tree.
    Yes, consider me your party-planner. :)

  7. ... on 1:50 PM