It’s the time of year, if I lived somewhere besides Houston, I would be slipping into sweaters. I miss sweaters. I miss feeling hugged by my sweater. Sweaters are good friends. They keep you warm. They’re cute. They’re fluffy. They tell the world, “Look at me! I’m cuddly!”

I used to have a ton of sweaters. I had a drawer or two just for sweaters. Now, I have about one real sweater, and the others are thin sweater substitutes made of cotton.

My one green sweater gets worn every time I go home to Kentucky during the winter. We usually take lots of family pictures, and I think my family might get suspicious that in every holiday photo, I’ve got on the same sweater.

Good things about sweaters: soft, cuddly, fuzzy, and warm.

Of course there is a dark side to sweaters: sweater fuzz flying into your mouth, sweating in a sweater, an itchy sweater, a sweater with two large inappropriate red dots (flashback from a very embarrassing sweater labeled “Cherries” from 1st grade—thanks, Mom!), the turtleneck sweater that prohibits neck movement, and the never-attainable-because-it’s-too-dang-expensive cashmere sweater.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    erin vanv said...

    What about the angora sweater that looks really pretty at Banana Republic but then you try to wear it and there's fuzz everywhere and you feel like you're really, really hot.

  1. ... on 6:25 PM  
  2. Aimee said...

    That's one of the upsides of spending so much time in Wisconsin! It's October, and i've already been able to wear my fuzzy sweaters...they might get worn more than once this year! I agree, sweaters are oh so cuddly :-)

  3. ... on 7:20 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    i read a couple back posts, you are funny & have content. what a great blog! thanks

  5. ... on 5:29 AM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    Erin, did you mean hot as in "Whoah, baby!" or hot as in "I think I'm going to sweat to death!"?

    And thanks so much for the compliment! I try to remember that other people might be reading my blog besides just me. I have to make sure I keep the "filter" on.

  7. ... on 8:09 AM  
  8. Todd Richards said...

    I'm not a big fan of sweaters. They are fine as long as you are outside where it is cold. But when it is hot inside, it is miserable.

  9. ... on 8:35 AM