The days are ticking by. Soon I will be in Africa. I'm almost done with raising support. I have about $600 to go which is amazing when I started out needing $3200. God has humbled me so much by having me ask for money. It's made me really want to give more to other people that I know who need support. Like my friends that work with Crusade and YoungLife. It's not easy.

But I've seen that if God calls you to something, He will provide. Today's Oswald Chamber's My Utmost For His Highest (Oct 13th) was amazing.

Moses knew that he was called to go, but then didn't get to actually do what he was called to do for a long time. God put some things on my heart a few years ago, but it hasn't happened yet. I also remember in college really wishing I could be "called" to Africa. But I didn't feel the call. I can see now that God has taught me things through life that I needed to learn before I was ready. And perhaps (just perhaps), there are some more things to refine in me before he opens the door for the desires of my heart that I feel he's given me.

Sorry my blog is about J.Crew one day and God the next. In the world, not of the world, I suppose. :)


This entry was posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: