It’s Halloween today. I didn’t buy candy for any kids. I wonder if my mom still has the plastic pumpkins that we used for our candy.

My brother’s had a top hat on, but I think it was another thing we used to all argue over “who’s who’s”--“Beth’s is the little one, because she’s the youngest, and mine is the one with the hat, because I’m a boy.” All of this of course was generated by my brother (who is now a minister with four kids).

Soon after Halloween, we also would spend about an hour figuring out which stocking went with which kid—“I’ve got the star because my middle name is David…and Traci has the candy cane, and Beth has the Christmas tree…” My brother’s comments again. I probably still have it wrong. If my brother reads this, he would still correct me. He loves being right. Eventually, he’d wear us down, so we’d let him be right. And then by the next Christmas, it would start again. It seems like we could have put our names on them, but I guess we enjoyed the tradition or something.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: